Monday, October 27, 2014

Bird on a Bike

As you've probably noticed, I'm not much of a Halloween crafter.  We don't celebrate it in Croatia and never did celebrate it growing up in the Philippines. I do love the colors associated with it and I notice so many of the craft challenge blogs I follow have very similar challenges the last few weeks. So, I decided to take their halloween inspirations and make a springy card with them. I also want to say that I'm not a big fan of purple so I used the closest hue: blue! Here is the result.

I made a fun & cute card with a country bird on a bike for my daughter who recently celebrated a birthday.The patterned papers, bike are by Fancy Pants. I die cut the chevron paper using PTI clouds. The bird is Penny Black's Perched die that has been watercolored with orange.
FP-W2S-Card-3
The sentiments are by SRM Stickers. Buttons, twine finish the card. The different elements were adhered using SAby3L Foam squares.
FP-W2S-Card-3b
Challenges: Time Out (bird), Card Mania (buttons), Color ThrowdownJust Us Girls (photo, basket, country), Seize the Birthday, Die Cut Divas (fall colors on a spring card).
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. What a great way to take a fall themed photo and turn it into a springy card! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty card Nina. Love the die-cut clouds and the sweet stickers. Cheerful and fun. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina I am also not a fan of Halloween cards as we don't celebrate it here really and sure don't send cards! So your card is a breathe of fresh air and the little water colour bird is just fabulous. So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and pretty - love the combination of patterns and die cuts! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love your take on the photo! It's so different from what I'd expect! So pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cut out clouds Nina!!! Your entire card is adorable! Way to think outside the box too. I appreciate you playing along at Just Us Girls and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of halloween either but love the colors of autumn. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute Nina! Love the dies I purchased from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card. Love how you die cut the clouds out of the chevron paper. The bicycle is really cute. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet and love all the different layers and elements going on. I'm in New Zealand and we don't really celebrate Halloween here either. Love how you used the Halloween colours for something more cheerful! Very happy you joined us at TIME OUT and really hope you come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina this is awesome! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful "spring" card - I can actually feel spring in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card and very pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Nina. The chevron background is so trendy and the bike looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails